Free lunch with preregistration. Lunch will be provided by The Texas Baptist Men.
Global Mission Summit Event Schedule
- Baptist Credit Union – Nick Holguin
- Baptist Student Ministries – Israel Mendez
- Baptist University of the Americas – Abe Jaquez
- Life Choices Medical Clinic – Charity Farrar
- Logsdon Seminary – Wally Goodman
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary – Tim Deahl
- The Reel Conference – Rachel Lopez
- Wayland Baptist University – Jim Antenen
- Women's Prayer International – Joan Courtney
- Baptist Church Loan Corporation – Bob Gage
- Baptist General Convention of Texas – Michael Evans
- Southern Baptist of Texas Convention – Tony Wolfe
- South Texas Children's Home Ministries – Tim Williams
- Texas Baptist Men – Frank Jasper
- Texas Baptist River Ministry – Saul Juarez
- Texas Women's Mission Union – Tamiko Jones
- Of The Rock Ministries – Josh del Risco
- Baptist Convention of New England – Tim Buehner
- North American Mission Board – Clay Holcomb
- Northwest Baptist Convention – Gary Irby
- Minnesota-Wisconsin Convention – Steven Dyess
- Dick Senter Ministries – Jim Warkentine
- Indigenous Amazon Ministries - Peru – Brandon Carroll
- International Commission – Brent Edwards
- International Mission Board – SA area former missionaries
- Global Cities – Canada – Chris Carr
- Reach, Teach, and Love International – Mark and Susan Pfeiffer
- Victory Baptist Association – India – Pandu Madala
- World Hope Bible Institute – Noel Vincent
Friday October 19, 2018
6 pm to 7 pm - mission fair/registration
7 pm - GMS Worship Celebration
(live streamed on SABA facebook page)
* Great Commission Challenge - Pastor Michael Evans
Bethlehem BC of Mansfield, Texas
* Worship Music provided by: True Vine BC Choir & Mariachi Agape
Saturday October 20, 2018
Texas Baptist Men will be serving lunch from 11 am to 1 pm
8:30 am to 9:15 am - mission fair/registration
9:15 am to 10:00 am - worship celebration
10:15 am to 11:00 am - breakout session 1
11:15 am to 12:00 noon - breakout session 2
12:15 pm to 1:00 pm - breakout session 3
English Breakout Sessions
10:15 – 11:00 am
Don Jeffreys Servanthood. Kick Start or Enhance Mission Efforts in Your Local Church. Don is the Mission Pastor of Resurrection Baptist Church in San Antonio, Texas. He has successfully led his church into greater Great Commission efforts and will be sharing how other churches can do the same.
Darrell Horn Vital Mission Principles. Darrell is the Executive Director of the San Antonio Baptist Association and a former missionary with the International Mission Board.
Israel Mendez College Mission Opportunities. Israel is the Director of the Baptist Student Ministry at the University of Texas in San Antonio.
Ben Hanna Reaching Your Local Neighborhood. Ben is a local missionary serving in the San Antonio area and a former missionary with the International Mission Board.
11:15 - 12:00 pm
Tamiko Jones Tamiko is the President for the Texas Women’s Mission Union.
Karen Horn The Cost of the Call. Karen and her husband Darrell raised 5 children while serving as Latin American missionaries with the International Mission Board. She will speak on family dynamics related to fulfilling God’s call
Omar Martinez Using Technology as a Mission Tool. Omar is the Leader of the SABA Digital Team and the Executive Pastor of Mighty Fortress Christian Fellowship in San Antonio.
Jeff Epley How to Implement Strategies for Unreached Peoples. Jeff is the Pastor of Missions at Oakwood BC in New Braunfels and a former missionary with the International Mission Board.
12:15 - 1:00 pm
Nigel Robinson Reaching Millennials & Gen Z. Nigel works with Texas Baptists in the areas of Marketing and Communications.
Jack Hulsey Raising highly capable kids. Jack is Pastor of Woodlake BC in San Antonio and an active member of the SABA Community Impact Team.
Mark Pfeiffer Sharing the Gospel with Muslims. Mark and Susan are the founders of the international ministry Reach, Teach, Love International of San Antonio.
Sammy Lopez Youth Missionaries. SABA Vice-Moderator and Pastor of Mighty Fortress Christian Fellowship in San Antonio, Texas.
Spanish Breakout Sessions
10:15 – 11:00 am
Josh del Risco Desafiando y Movilizando la Iglesia Hispana (Challenging and Mobilizing the Hispanic Church). Josh is the President and Founder Of The Rock Ministries and has served with North American Mission Board and the Baptist General Convention of Texas.
Alejandro Ortiz Mis Experiencias Como Misionero en Oriente Medio (My Experiences as a Missionary in the Middle East). Alejandro is a former missionary to the Middle East and will be sharing about his experiences in the Muslim world.
Frank Jackson Becoming a Legacy Church (English/Spanish). Frank is a retired military chaplain who leads SABA’s efforts to assist churches in becoming a Legacy Church, which allows a church to creatively use their limited resources for Kingdom impact.
11:15 - 12:00 pm
Rudy Gonzalez El Desafio Evangelico Hispano en Nuestro Día - cultural, evangelistico y missional (The Hispanic Evangelical Challenge in our Day). Rudy is a Professor at the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He has authored books, articles and papers and is a resident theologian in San Antonio.
Olber Roblero Cómo Iniciar Grupos Pequeños en tú Casa (How to Start Small Groups in Your Home). Olber served for many years as a local missionary and pastor in the San Antonio area. He has started many house churches and currently resides in the South Texas Valley area.
Brad Brisco La Naturaleza Misionera de Dios (English/Spanish). Brad is the Director of the Bi-vocational Church Planting for the North American Mission Board and is author of several books.
12:15 - 1:00 pm
Daniel Sanchez El Evangelio en el Rosario (The Gospel in the Rosary). Daniel is a Professor at the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He has authored many books, articles and papers. He is the Director of the Scarborough Missions Institute.
Brandon Carroll Principios Claros de la Obra Misionera (Vital Mission Principles). Brandon is the President of Indigenous Amazon Ministries and has served as a missionary in the Peruvian Amazon for 14+ years. He has evangelized tribal groups through the Chronological Bible Storying Method.
Jason Carlisle El Papel Estratégico de las Iglesias Hispanas en las Misiones Mundiales (The Strategic Role of Hispanic Churches in World Missions). Jason is missionary with the International Mission Board and leads IMB efforts for Hispanic church mobilization.